Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Love Nigeria - Jonathan Goodluck



 I have been going round Nigeria, State to State and City to City. My God, Nigeria is beautiful! I have been talking about our plans to improve our ailing infrastructure, our education standards, Power, Agriculture and the health sector among others. I have been telling Nigerians who gather in their thousands in Bauchi, Jos, Ilorin, Minna, Port Harcourt, Owerri, Ibadan, Kaduna, Lafia and others that the most urgent thing we need to do is to create jobs for our youths and develop our country and this we have started to do with progress being made in the Roadmap to The Power Sector Reforms which has seen the commencement of the new Super grid and the successful take off of several new power stations to power the entrepreneurial skills of Nigerians which in turn will lead to the creation of jobs for the people

I have been telling Nigerians that we will build a greater union that generations yet unborn will be proud of by focusing on social justice and levelling the playing field and empowering people to be all that God has put in them to be. Many may not appreciate that it is a privilege to be born a Nigerian. It is even a greater privilege that one is called to lead such a bold, brilliant and most enterprising people in one of the most blessed land on earth.

Going through Nigeria and seeing the beautiful land and comely faces of Nigerians reminds me of this song that used to play on the NTA in the eighties. Join me and sing it if you remember the melody;

I love Nigeria
I no go lie
Na inside am I go live and die

The promise I give to you my friends on facebook and Nigerians is that my uncommon story made possible by God and the Nigerian people be the story that every child of Nigeria can become a part. It is my determination to ensure that no Nigerian child goes to bed hungry or goes to school without shoes or school bags to put his or her books in when he or she takes those promising steps to school.

The time for transformation is now. It is now nine months since I was sworn in following the painful passage of our brother and late President to glory. I have no choice but to work hard to make the Nigeria of our dream come true. I have no where to go. Anything that I ever own in life is in Nigeria. Please join me in prayers as we continue the conversation for transformation across our great country. GEJ

No comments:

Post a Comment