Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Reason D’Banj Didn’t Go To Channel O Awards.


The Channel O Awards is taking place tonight and our very own Koko master will be getting two awards. Most gifted artist and a Special Recognition Award. Unfortunately D’banj won’t be there to receive the award…he’s not in SA, he’s in Nigeria.
I hear D’Banj and his crew planned to storm the award, where he was also billed to perform, but on getting to the airport yesterday to travel to SA, they discovered that the Channel O Awards organisers had gotten him an economy ticket, instead of at least a business ticket, which I guess he’s accustomed to. So he and his crew turned back
But the two parties are saying it was mostly a communication break down…D’Banj had been placed on a wait list for a business class ticket but the flights were fully booked for days etc etc…
So since he won’t be there live, the Channel O people went to his Lekki home to record an acceptance speech which will be aired during the show when his award is announced.
Was D’Banj right to refuse to fly Economy? I don’t know…I kind support him on this sha but then again he’s being honoured…if it were me, no economy ticket will stop me from attending…but that’s me..:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment