Saturday, November 26, 2011

I would never act nude for anything – Juliet Ibrahim.


Being a professional actress, a mother, a wife, a beautiful breath-taking goddess and an entrepreneur sounds a lot like a daunting task.
Yet, the young and beautiful Juliet Ibrahim , a top Ghollywood and Nollywood actress is able to carry on  without much sweat. In this interview with Florence Amagiya, this diva reveals how she is able to cope with it all. Excerpts:
What was your childhood like? Did you plan to become an actress?
Juliet Ibrahim...I will not act nude for anything in the world
I grew up doing stage plays and performing at talent shows .I had always wanted to be on the big screen and in the spotlight. I started off as a model at the age of twelve; I was a runway and editorial/print model till 2005 when I did my first major film audition and got the lead role to star alongside Majid Michel in “Crime to Christ “.
How many movies do you have to your credit?
I have 50 movies and I’m still counting. I’ve done both Nigerian and Ghanaian movies.
Do you choose your roles or are you allowed to improvise in these roles?
A director or a producer calls me up whenever there is a role that he thinks befits me. I read the script, understand my character and decide if I would want to be part of that movie. If I am paid what I have requested for by the production company, I move on to filming with them and in this process, I put in my very best by acting as the character I am playing. I only improvise when it comes to the lines in the screenplay with the consent of the director of course.
For the right money, can you act nude?
Not for anything in the world would I ever act nude.
How is it like acting with Nigerians?
Nigeria is my second home! I enjoy working in Nigeria as much as I enjoy working in Ghana. Nigerians are very friendly people and they make me feel at home.
From your complexion,one can decipher that you are a half-cast. Can you tell us about your back ground?
My father is from Lebanon while my mother is a Ghanaian. I am the eldest of three children, two girls and a brother. I grew up in Ivory Coast, Liberia and Lebanon .I can speak French and Spanish.
Your last name is Ibrahim, How did the name Ibrahim come about?
Juliet
My last name is Ibrahim and it is also my father’s. I am not a Muslim by the way. I am a Christian
For a beautiful woman with a great body, what keeps you in shape?
I drink a lot of water and l also eat healthy. I don’t do any form of exercise to be honest. I am careful not to eat anything heavy after 6pm. I also try to avoid starchy food.
If you are given the chance, who would you date in the industry?

I cannot date anyone because l am a happily married woman.
Can you stand a cheating husband?
Hell no! There is no second chance for someone who cheats! I believe that for every mistake we make, we are given a minute to think twice before making it.
Was the rumour about you dating Majid Mitchel in 2005 founded?
There’s nothing between Majid and I except a working relationship.
Aside acting, what do you do?
Aside acting, I am a married woman with a boy child. I am also a business woman. I run a beauty salon known as Envoque Beauty Parlor and a boutique known as House of Glamour . I have a production company called Jewels Production and I am launching my foundation, Juliet Ibrahim Foundation, JIF, to create awareness of cancer of the kidney on 26th December 2011 in Ghana.
Would you branch into modeling for the right money?
I am a model to start with! And I don’t mind modeling now and then.
I would love to do TV commercials, print adverts and represent major company brands if the opportunity presents itself.
What are your plans in the next 10 years?
In the next 10 years, I see my business empire multiplying and I want to be one of the most influential women in Africa. I urge you to sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment