Thursday, April 4, 2013

Nigerian Cries For Help In Austria: His Two Children Taken Away By The Authority.


10.12.2012 was a day Mr Nnaemeka Agukwe from Orlu in Imo State, Nigeria and his family will never forget for the rest of their lives irrespective of whatever the future may bring to them tomorrow. It was a day he the father of Samuel (5) and Miriam Leonie (4), has cursed and wished that it had never come.
Miriam (4)
Samuel (5)
  It was a devastating day for him and his family because that day was the day the authority concerned with issues about maltreatment of children in Austria by parents or guardians took away their two children from them on the allegation that his stepdaughter (11) accused him of having sexually abused her which he denied vehemently. The wife, Mrs Michaela Agukwe supporting her husband said that she knew her husband very well because she had been married to him for over seven years, “he did not do that and can not do such a thing” she added.
 
Proving the innocence of her husband further, she said her husband had not even been alone with her daughter in the house and as such there would not have been any opportunity for her husband to abuse her daughter even if he had wanted to.

Mr Nnaemeka Agukwe who was absolutely furious during his interview with Global Reporters Vienna had asked the authority to tell him where he had slept with his step daughter. “Did I sleep with her in my house, in the hotel or on the street? They should tell me! We are not beating our children, we are taking very good care of them, we are going to playgrounds, indoors and out doors, we are going on holidays and we do everything parents can do for their kids, why did they take them away from us? Is it because I am a black man and they feel that I cannot do anything?” He further argued that sexual molestation, abuse or rape was a very serious offence especially when helpless teenagers were involved. He said that the allegation against him was not true and that that was why he was still walking freely on the streets even without police invitation or questioning.

 
“The day they told me that they were taking my children away from me with this imaginary accusation, I refused to let my children go until they invited the police. I told them that we must go for tests because I do not know what they were talking about, but they refused. Their reason is that my stepdaughter does not want to go for any test and that she cannot be forced against her will. They have planned to take my children away from me because I am vulnerable otherwise reasons of taking someone’s child away includes, when one cannot take care of one’s child and is living in a very dirty environment, when one beats one’s child, when one is under the influence of drugs or addicted to alcohol, of which, I am not in any of these categories. You cannot take somebody’s child away based on unsubstantiated allegations just like that because the person is helpless. Now they have started a new allegation abandoning their earlier accusation of child abuse. And when I wanted to know their new claim they said that the court would decide. What will the court decide?”

 
He went further to query whether the authority wants to sell his children. "Last time they told me to bring the original birth certificates of the children and their certificates of citizenship. But when I asked my lawyer he told me not to give them the original papers but photocopies but they refused to take photocopies from me and bragged that even if I do not want to give them the original papers that they can go to the municipal administration and get them. Do they want to sell my children or what?” as he questioned in tears.
 
Mr Agukwe further argued that he did not understand why the children are allowed to visit and stay with them Saturdays and Sundays. “If the state has found out that it is dangerous for the children to live with us, these weekend visits could equally be dangerous. This tells one that this accusation is false and the lives of my children are not in danger. Are they also thinking about the psychological trauma these children are going through? Our children are crying every time we visit them where they are. They cannot understand the reason why they are not at home. Each time we want to go and each time we take them back to the assisted living community (Wohngemeinschaft OASE) where they are, we always feel like dying when they ask; Papa, why are you leaving us here? Mama, where are you going? It is a hell.  Please can somebody help me?”
 
The family of Agukwe can be reached via mobile (+436766046611) through the wife Mrs Michaela Agukwe who speaks only German.
Source: http://www.globalreportersvienna.com/2013/04/nigerian-cries-for-help-in-austria-his.html?utm_source=BP_recent

No comments:

Post a Comment